At Montefiore, we believe in looking after each other as we age.
We are proud of our 130-year history serving the older members of the Sydney Jewish community. As one of the community’s largest and most respected not-for-profit organisations, we rely on your support so we can keep caring for the people who matter.
Whether you are able to volunteer your time or participate in communal events through Friends of Montefiore or donate to the Montefiore Foundation, we welcome you to join us in our mission to care for and honour our elders and create a happier, more connected community.
How you can help
- Join our 400-strong volunteer base, bringing much needed companionship, entertainment and assistance to people living in Residential Care.
- Become a member of the Friends of Montefiore Committee, which raises funds through regular social events and operating the campus boutiques.
- Take part in community events and outreach programs such as our Intergenerational and Life Story initiatives.
- Make a donation or bequest through the Montefiore Foundation. Your contribution will help to fund capital works and equipment, and assist us in supporting the more than 30% of people who receive subsidised Residential Care.
- Become a financial member and play an active role in shaping the direction of the organisation, with voting rights at the Annual General Meeting.