All our Residential Care sites are currently closed to visitors and non-essential contractors, as of July 29 (Montefiore Residential Care Randwick & Woollahra) and July 30 (Montefiore Residential Care Hunters Hill and Maroubra Shores Residential Care). These closures are based on NSW Health directives to Residential Aged Care Facilities in a number of Local Government Areas.
This is a precautionary measure only, and there are currently no cases of COVID-19 among our consumers or staff.
Our Residential Care sites continue to accept new permanent and respite care consumers.
Help at Home continues to provide home care services to older people and people with a disability living in the community.
Our Day Centres at The Burger Centre and Club Monte are also currently closed, but continue to offer social support remotely, please see below for more information.
If you have any (non-urgent) queries about COVID-19 and Montefiore, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For any urgent matters relating to a consumer, please contact the relevant care manager directly.
For the latest information and restrictions in Sydney, please visit the NSW Government website.
Planning & precautions
Since the COVID-19 crisis began, Montefiore has spent significant time and resources to ensure we are doing everything possible to protect our consumers, staff and community through this challenging time, and prepare for a potential outbreak. Below is an overview of some of the planing and precautions we have implemented:
- The Montefiore COVID-19 Management Team (MCMT), which meets daily to update our own planning and precautions, implement all NSW Public Health Unit (PHU) directives and ensure we are following the latest NSW Health guidance and information regarding cases and hotspots in NSW.
- All staff and essential contractors are now wearing surgical masks onsite in Residential Care, as recommended by NSW Health, as well as undertaking a temperature check and completing a daily health declaration and annexure regarding hotspot locations.
- Supplies of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including masks are now in place.
- An Outbreak Management Plan has been established, overseen by the Director of Quality, Compliance & Risk. This plan covers everything from signage to infection control protocols and communications.
- Dedicated COVID-19 Care Zones are in place at each of our Residential Care sites, to be used in the event of an outbreak. If required, these zones can be activated immediately. They will be quarantined from the rest of the site, including separate staffing and equipment, increased cleaning protocols and other precautions.
- Nursing staff with previous relevant hospital experience have been selected to work in the COVID-19 Care Zones, and have received additional training to manage care of any infected residents should the need arise.
- All staff continue to receive training in the latest precautions and protocols introduced across our sites.
- An agreement with a nursing agency is in place to provide care staff should large numbers of Montefiore employees be required to self-isolate.
- Our Catering Department has contingency plans in place should replacement kitchen and dining staff be required, as well as alternative menu plans should food supplies be interrupted in the case of a more widespread community outbreak.
- All our residential care sites are currently closed to visitors and non-essential contractors, as of July 29 (Montefiore Residential Care Randwick & Woollahra) and July 30 (Montefiore Residential Care Hunters Hill and Maroubra Shores Residential Care). These closures are based on NSW Health directives to Residential Aged Care Facilities in a number of Local Government Areas.
- This is a precautionary measure only, and there are currently no cases of COVID-19 among our consumers or staff.
- Our residential care sites continue to accept new permanent and respite care consumers.
- Providing the best care for residents at each of our four campuses continues to be our focus. This includes strategies to support individuals’ social and emotional wellbeing through these challenging times, especially when isolated. We have introduced assisted video and phone calls to keep residents and their loved ones connected. Allied Health and Leisure & Lifestyle programs are continuing with safe social distancing practices in place.
- All staff and essential contractors are now wearing masks while onsite, and undergo daily health and temperature checks. Our clinical staff continue to monitor residents for any signs or symptoms of illness and we have rigorous testing and isolation policies in place. Additional cleaning protocols are in place across our sites, along weith additional hand sanitiser and hand-washing stations.
- For older members of the community struggling to manage at home during the COVID-19 crisis, emergency Respite Care with no waiting period is available, including two complimentary weeks.
Help at Home
Our home care service has also implemented stringent precautions and procedures to help protect our vulnerable clients, as well as providing additional support. Changes we have made include:
- All care staff carry sanitiser and wear masks and gloves while in clients’ homes.
- Each of our Care Coordinators is working closely with their allocated carers to ensure that they complete daily health and location checks, and are updated on the latest precautions and procedures.
- Wherever possible, carers and clients are paired together to minimise multiple contacts.
- Universal hygiene precautions are followed by all employees, who have also received additional education and training in infection prevention and control.
- We ask clients to take the same precautions as staff. If a client or member of their household are unwell in any way or have visited a known COVID-19 hotspot location, please disclose or reschedule ahead of your appointment.
- New services have been added, including video companionship calls, and assistance with priority online shopping.
M by Montefiore
Our M by Montefiore retirement living development is nearing completion and our Display Suite and Display Apartment are open by private appointment only to ensure safe social distancing.
As the M by Montefiore building is external to our Residential Care facility at Randwick, it is not mandatory under NSW Health guidelines to wear a mask, but we advise all visitors should follow the latest NSW Government recommendations on mask-wearing in the community.
If you are unwell in any way or have visited a known COVID-19 hotspot, please reschedule your appointment and follow all NSW Health guidelines regarding testing and self-isolation.
If you are in a vulnerable group and are isolating at home, please contact us to enquire about a virtual tour.
The Burger Centre continues to offer remote video sessions via Zoom and remote engagement via phone to clients and families, with a new Art Minds Zoom program also starting soon. The Dance for Parkinson’s program continues online and is open to all. The Burger Centre team is available by phone on 02 8345 9147 and email email@example.com.