No matter the stage in your journey living with dementia, we’re here to support you.
Residential dementia care
- Advanced, moderate and mild dementia Residential Care units at Randwick and Hunters Hill have been designed to support the use of smaller spaces, maintaining a friendly and protected home-like environment in line with international best practice.
- Our innovative ‘Neighbourhood Model’ of living in Residential Care further supports dementia care by providing comfort and familiarity to those with cognitive impairment.
- Activity programs in our Special Care Units are specifically designed to meet the needs of residents living with dementia.
Dementia research & innovation
- Montefiore funds a collaboration with the Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing (CHeBA) at the University of New South Wales, which allows us to direct research that informs our dementia care. CHeBA Co-Director Scientia Professor Henry Brodaty AO is one of our Ambassadors and the Montefiore Chair of Healthy Brain Ageing.
- In March 2018, Montefiore created a new position of Dementia Specialist, to oversee best practice, infrastructure and research across the organisation.
- Help at Home clients also have access to Montefiore’s dementia expertise through our clinical and allied health staff, as well as specialised programs such as the COPE trial supporting people with dementia and their carers to continue to live independently. Read more about COPE here.
- Our day centres, the Burger Centre and Club Monte, offer social support programs and day respite for people living with dementia.
Learn more about dementia and find resources at Dementia Australia.